Shylee Krishan: I learned the basics of acting from top Malayalam filmmakers


- I have always been fascinated by movies. But I never dreamed I would work in films. However it was written in my destiny so I came to this field.

- Shayli in a scene from the movie 'Moha'

Actress Shylee Krishan is currently getting rave reviews for her web series 'The Last Hour'. In this web series with co-stars like Sanjay Kapoor, Shahna Goswami, Raima Sen, Shayli has played the role of a terrified psychotic girl 'Pari' who has been thrown into a frenzy due to the sudden demise of her mother.

Shaily, who comes from a family that has nothing to do with the entertainment world, caught the eye of well-known cinematographer Ravi Varma. And sent them photos of him everywhere for casting. Now basically this beauty from Kashmir is also to work in Santosh Sivan's ambitious film.

About her life in Kashmir, Shayli says that in 190, my family, like thousands of Kashmiri Pandits, had to flee their hometown of Anantnag and live in government-run refugee camps. I was also born in a refugee camp. We often had to wander in various refugee camps set up around Jammu and Kashmir. We had no permanent residence. Refugee camps became my home in my childhood. Honestly, I spent my childhood like a nomadic species. We used to wander here and there so even Kashmir seemed like hell to us.

Shylee further says that I grew up hearing from my parents about their home, how happily they lived in their own home. Listening to how they had to flee Kashmir and what they suffered afterwards, I felt as if my family had been uprooted and thrown elsewhere. The rest of me was born in a refugee camp and I took a few steps there.

However, Shylee believes that they found plenty of love wherever they went. Yes, people always ask her if she is a Hindu or a Muslim but the actress doesn't find anything new in it. He says it is common in our country to ask this question.

But seeing the love that people give us, I think there is something positive about Kashmiris that attracts people.

"I've always had a fascination with films," says Shylee about how she got into the film world. But I never dreamed I would work in films. If it was written in the camera's destiny then I came to the field. And I had the opportunity to work with three National Award winning filmmakers in Malayalam films. It was from him that I learned the basics of acting.

Comments