Riddhi Dongra's journey from small screen to silver screen


- People in the industry have a habit of labeling different mediums. The rest of the common viewers do not care. In whatever medium you give them a good story, they welcome you.

At the end of last year, Riddhi Dongra's another web series 'Pitcher-2' was released. Of course, Riddhi did not work in the first season of 'Pitcher'. However, it was frozen in its second season.

The actress says that when I took up the show, I was well aware that I was joining an already famous troupe. But as an artist I had no fear of that. As long as you are confident in your work, you will not be distracted by things here and there. But when you go to the set, there are people who have certain assumptions about you. I was happy that I was going to work with like-minded people.

Riddhi has so far acted in 'Asur', 'Married Woman'. He says that OTT has been a blessing for many artists like me. Although it's not that I couldn't have done anything else if I wasn't in the field of acting, but acting is my passion. He further says that I used to be a regular in the cultural committee of the school and college. I have also trained in dance. Actually I left Delhi to earn money. It wasn't that I wasn't making money. I was also doing jobs and looking for acting opportunities. He was looking for a dancer for a show. And I got a chance. Now with the rise of OTT, the distinction between all mediums of acting has become blurred. When I was working on small screens, I never thought that I would get to work in films. I am what I am today only and only because of my hard work and talent.

Importantly, at one stage Riddhi was in limbo regarding her career. He says I am a post-graduate. So I also thought that I should go back to Delhi and resume my previous work. But in the year 2015-16, the buzz of OTT started to increase. And I decided to do a challenging job. Finally I got a chance to work in 'Asur'.

Usually TV actors are labeled as media related. They are looked down upon. But Riddhi says I have the ability to tear off labels and throw them away. I am very bold since childhood. And Lagiri doesn't care about such things. To be honest, I don't waste my energy and skills on such things. I don't even give explanations to anyone as to why I was involved with Tachuka Veeda. As an artist I take the opportunity wherever I get to do good work. I think industry people have a habit of labeling different mediums. It doesn't make any difference to the rest of the common viewers. In whatever medium you give them a good story, they welcome you.

Riddhi is looking forward to his 'Tiger-3' and 'Jawaan' coming this year. He says I never planned to work in films. I have also done 'Tiger-3' for director Manish Sharma. In fact, I know Manish Sharma since he entered the acting field. And who doesn't love working with an old friend?

Comments